TIts a pan of chicken with gravy recipes Garlic Cajun is perfect for mid-week dinners with minimal effort. After a good pot roast with sweet carrots, peppers and mushrooms, pop the spicy chicken pan in the oven for 20 minutes. It does not take much effort, but the taste of this melting chicken is completely out of the charts!
INGREDIENT LIST FOR THE ONE SKILLET CHICKEN
- 1 1/2 pounds (750 g) chicken thighs
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons of Cajun spice mixture, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 1/2 red pepper, cut into strips
- 1/4 lb (110g) mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) low sodium chicken broth
- 2 spring onions, sliced for garnish
BACK TO THE INGREDIENTS ↑
1. Preheat the oven in Grill / Broiler mode. Season the chicken lightly with salt, pepper and Cajun. In a heavy, large pan over medium heat, heat the oil. Add the chicken skin side down and cook until well browned, about 2 minutes, then turn over and cook on the other side. Put the chicken on a plate. Drain remaining oil, keep something for the onion.
Second Put the onion in the pan and stir. Add the carrots, garlic, red pepper and mushrooms to the pan every minute, stirring constantly. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and fry until the vegetables turn brown, about 5 minutes. Gradually stir in the broth. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Put the chicken in the pan and bring to a boil.
Third Place the pan on the bottom of the oven and roast for about 20 minutes. Taste and attitude of the wort. Sprinkle with chopped shallot. Spread the chicken and vegetables on a plate and serve immediately.